The final Sunday of April saw some gigantic prizes awarded at GGPoker as the Omaholic Series concluded and the Super MILLION$ Week got underway. An event from the latter produced one of the biggest prize pools of the day, the $25,500 buy-in Sunday Million SHR.
Some 44 players bought in and created a $1,100,000 prize pool. Only the top five finishers won a slice of this ample pie, so spare a thought for Justin Bonomo who bowed out in sixth place, burst the bubble, and missed out on a $114,043 payout.
Aleks Ponakovs, a recent winner of the Super MILLION$, finished in fifth place and got his hands on the aforementioned $114,043 payment. Yuri Dzivielevski crashed out one place later and received $152,079.
Then came the elimination of GGPoker’s very own Fedor Holz. Third place came with a $202,800 prize; Holz only fired a single bullet in this event so enjoyed a healthy ROI.
Holz’s exit left two of poker’s greats heads-up. Mikita Badziakouski and Wiktor Malinowski have locked horns on the biggest stage on numerous occasions, usually in the live arena. This online heads-up clash was short-lied because the pair struck a deal which split the remaining prize money. The deal resulted in Malinowski finishing in second place for $300,781 while Badziakouski became the tournament’s champion and reeled in the $330,294 top prize.
$25,500 Sunday Million SHR Final Table Results
rivfun4me Bests a Super-Talented Deepstack Final Table
This weekend’s $5,250 Sunday Deepstack High Roller attracted a crowd of 72 entrants who created a $360,000 prize pool. The high stakes affair drew in some of the most recognizable names from the poker world.
Just as he did in the $25,500 Sunday Million, Justin Bonomo bubbled this event when he busted in tenth place. This meant everyone at the nine-handed final table locked up a payout.
Elio Fox was the first finalist to cash. His ninth-place exit saw $13,180 wing its way to his GGPoker account. Wiktor Malinowski and Mikita Badziakouski, who early chopped the $25,500 Sunday Million, were the next casualties. They banked prizes of $16,649 and $21,031 respectively.
Then came the exit of Pablo Navarro in sixth, a finish worth $26,566, and Biao “d7777” Ding; Ding won $33,558. The final four became three when Rodrigo Sirichuk crashed out. The Brazilian turned his $5,250 investment into $42,390.
Heads-up was set when Thomas Muehloecker ran out of steam in third. Although disappointed to be the penultimate bust out, the $53,546 he collected will go some way to numbing the pain of defeat.
“rivfun4me,” fresh from a final table appearance in last week’s Super MILLION$, defeated Swedish legend Niklas Astedt heads-up to secure the title and the $85,438 top prize. Astedt had to make do with a $67,637 consolation prize.
$5,250 Sunday Deepstack HR Final Table Results
|5||Biao “d7777” Ding||China||$33,558|
Other GGPoker Scores In Excess of $40,000
- Omar “el cordobes” Gomez – first-place in the $535 Super Kickoff Bounty Hunters HR for $151,658*
- Alex “PazAmor” Gelinski – first-place in the $1,050 GGMasters High Roller for $148,704
- TheCleaner_ – first-place in the $10,300 Omaholic Super High Roller for $138,993
- Roman Kropmanns – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Main Event for $105,830
- malcolmX – first-place in the $5,250 Bounty Hunters Super High Roller for $97,733*
- Eelis Parssinen – first-place in the $5,250 Omaholic Bounty SHR for $88,610*
- Biao “d7777” Ding – first-place in the $5,250 Sunday Closer HR for $65,570
- Gavin Cochrane – first-place in the $888 Sunday Crazy Eights for $61,173
- StayHungary – first-place in the $150 GGMasters for $54,214
- Beriuzy – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday Heater HR for $52,649*
- Elias Harala – first-place in the $1,050 Omaholic Main Event for $50,360
- Alex “FutureofMe” Kulev – first-place in the $250 Sunday Main Event for $49,761
- Markku Koplimaa – first-place in the $210 Bounty Hunters Sunday Big Game for $48,415*
- WWTMPN – first-place in the $300 GGMasters Bounty for $47,427*
- Lucas Greenwood – first-place in the $777 Sunday Lucky Sevens HR for $45,147