The $150 million guaranteed GG Online Championship crowned its Main Event champion on May 30 and Tobias Schwecht was that player. Schwecht came out on top of a 6,107-strong field and walked away with $727,640 of the monster-sized $8,702,475 prize pool after a four-way deal at the final table.
Schwecht came agonisingly close to winning an online WSOP bracelet in 2020 when he finished in second place behind Orhan “yirtil” Ates in the $525 Bounty No-Limit Hold’em 6-Handed event. We are sure reeling in a $727,640 score in this tournament will go some way to making amends for that defeat.
$1,500 GGOC Main Event Final Table Results
*reflects a four-way deal
Day 2 saw 916 players return to their seats and 700 of those returnees see a return on their $1,500 investment. A min-cash tipped the scales at $3,474 but the least any of the nine finalists could walk away with was an impressive $96,072.
That is the sum Japan’s “joyrvas” banked when their tournament ended abruptly in a ninth-place finish. Eighth place and $128,114, the first six-figure haul of the event, went to the legendary Michael Addamo. No doubt Addamo’s demise meant the remaining players breathed a sigh of relief.
Five of the surviving were playing from Austria, but those five became three when “C3H5N3O6,” the molecular formula for propane, burned out in seventh for $170,843, and Tobias Duthweiler followed his fellow Austria to the rail in sixth, doing so with $227,823 to show for his efforts.
“Elaine0605” of China busted in fifth for $303,807, prompting the final four players to pause the tournament and discuss a potential deal to make the pay jumps less severe. Those discussion bore fruit and play continued.
Austria’s Daniel Smiljkovic bowed out in fourth and saw $690,222 make its way to his GGPoker account. Third place and $637,583 went to Russian Arsenii Malinov. The Russian’s untimely exit left Schwecht heads-up against Roman Hrabec.
Schwecht got the job done and his hands on an incredible $727,640, leaving Hrabec to win a $571,112 runner-up prize. However, Hrabec sold 50% of his action via the in-built staking software, so Brazilian Douglas Ferreira saw his staking investment turn into more than $280,000.
Dvoress and Ladva Chop the Sunday Million Super High Roller
The GGOC edition of the $25,500 Sunday Million SHR saw 77 players create a $1,925,000 prize pool, and it was Daniel Dvoress who won the lion’s share, namely $423,845. Dvoress chopped heads-up with former Super MILLION$ champion Ottomar Ladva, with ladvha winning $379,372. Like Hrabec in the Main Event, Ladvha sold 45% of his action, with Chunlei Zhou buy-in 43.4% of that stake. Nice work if you can get it.
Sam Greenwood was the unfortunate soul who burst the money bubble. Greenwood’s demise locked in at least $45,486 for the players who still had chips in front of them.
Francisco Benitez and Joao Vieira both cashed but failed in their quest to reach the nine-handed final table, and what a final table it was.
Adrian Mateos, man of the moment Ole Schemion, and Mikalai Vaskaboinikau bowed out before Thomas Muehloecker and Stephen Chidwick‘s eliminations left only four heroes in contention to become the tournament’s champion.
Elio Fox was then joined on the rail by former PCA Main Event champion Dimitar Danchev, leaving Dvoress heads-up against the chess grandmaster Ladva. Dvoress put Ladva in a checkmate position and helped himself to a $423,845 prize, leaving Ladva to collect $379,372.
$25,500 Sunday Million SHR Final Table Results
*reflects a heads-up deal
Other GGPoker Victories Worth $30,000 or More
Six other GGPoker players secured six-figure payouts on May 29. Ramiro Petrone scooped $148,749 when he won the $5,250 Bounty Hunters Super High Rollers. Matheus Schell is $147,672 richer following victory in the $525 Bounty Hunters Main Event.
Benjamin “dr100percent” Juhasz turned $1,500 into $131,017 in the Omaholic Main Evemt, while Alexandre “raking-even” Raymond, who has been tearing up the partypoker MILLIONS Online KO schedule, won the $1,500 Sunday Marathon for $113,163.
- Ramiro Petrone – winner of the $5,250 Bounty Hunters Super High Roller for $148,749*
- Matheus Schell – winner of the $525 Bounty Hunters Main Event for $147,672*
- Benjamin “dr100percent” Juhasz – winner of the $1,500 Omaholic Main Event for $131,017
- Alexandre “raking-even” Raymond – winner of the $1,500 Sunday Marathon for $113,163
- Peter “MrDagobert” Traply – winner of the $1,050 High Rollers Main Event for $105,258
- Konstantin Maslak – winner of the $5,250 Omaholic Bounty Super High Roller for $104,108*
- Thomas Muehloecker – winner of the $2,625 Blade Sunday Milligan for $74,691
- BravoGG – winner of the $250 Sunday Main Event for $72,186
- LJoseph62 – winner of the $,100 Sunday Heater HR for $60,652*
- Acidosis – winner of the $300 Sunday Marathon for $56,463
- Ottomar Ladva – winner of the $1,500 Sunday Saver for $53,835
- Benjamin Rolle – winner of the $3,150 Blade Bounty King for $50,088*
- ZongoZongooooo – winner of the $33 GGMasters Bounty King for $48,113*
- Fausto “Fantastik55” Tantillo – winner of the $250 Sunday Mulligan for $46,450
- OtterPop – winner of the $210 Bounty Hunters Sunday Big Game for $37,315*
- Lucio “WizardOfAz” Lima – winner of the $888 Sunday Crazy Eights for $36,194
- Jakob “lechayim” Miegel – winner of the $777 Sunday Lucky Sevens for $30,968
- Deividas “PDC Mayor” Daubaris – winner of the $525 High Rollers Sunday 500 for $30,930
- Lavrentiy “888WTB02” Ni – winner of the $250 Sunday Saver for $30,897
*includes bounty payments